Dimensional knitwear that can be achieved through a series of easier techniques and combined with the right choice for fiber and yarn construction. Learn how to create this fun textured Hisho shawl as well as learn how to pick the right colors and adapt it to your liking.
Skills needed: students need to know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off.
- Learning types of provisional cast on.
- How to “read” your knitting to keep better track of your work.
- How to create rapid increases.
- How to shape knitwear using slipped stitches.
- How to work I-cord Bind Off.Materials:
- 400 yds/366 m in each of 4 colors of any other fingering weight yarn of similartexture
- US 4 (3.5 mm) 40” or longer circular needle
- crochet hook size F (3.75mm) or G (4mm)
- scrap yarn in similar weight
- tapestry needle
- purchase Hisho shawl pattern, PRINT and bring with you to class. No other homework.
- Supplies must be purchased at BMYS. Thank you!