Here at BMYS, we’re excited to plan out all of our projects for 2023. Each staff member has compiled a list of their favorite patterns, that they just have to complete in the new year. From sweaters to socks, we hope you can get inspired for your next project, hop on a fun KAL with us, or even see some overlap between our must-makes and yours!
Danni: Between her various test knits, Danni is excited to make the following projects this year.
- Nurtured Sweater by Andrea Mowry: Danni is using Spincycle’s Trine in the color 14 for this project. Danni has already casted on for this project, and is currently knitting on the sleeves.
- Evenfall by Andrea Mowry: Danni will be using Soka'Pii from Farmer's Daughter and making this sweater as a KAL with Maggie. (Starting Feb 9)
- Gr8 Gingham Raglan by Jessie May using Spincycle Dyed in the Wool in colors Melancholia and The Castle.
- Inez Cardigan by True Grits Knits using La Bien Aimee Mondiem in the color Winterfell and Spincycle’s Nocturne in the colorway Moonshine.
- DRK Sweater by Andrea Mowry using Jill Draper’s Mohonk in the color Charred Coal.
- Felix Pullover in La Bien Aimee Corrie Confetti in the colorway Orchid.
- LYS by Andrea Mowry: Using La Bien Aimee Mondiem in the colorway Yellow Brick Road.
- Ghost Ranch Hat by Andrea Mowry: Handspun by Trillium Fiber and Spincycle Dyed in the Wool in the colorway Salty Dog.
- Penelope Tee by Julie Robinson using Wandering Flock Fingering Weight.
Renee: Renee is pretty ambidextrous when it comes to knitting and crochet, and her chosen projects are no different.
- October Sweater by Kaitlin Barthold (knitted) using Kokon Aran in the Breast Cancer Awareness Kit (pink). Renee has already cast on this project and is almost finished knitting the body!
- Halibut by Caitlin Hunter: Renee is going to crochet this knitting pattern by going down a size and using Walcot Opus in the colors Maya and Splashed White.
- Soldotna by Caitlin Hunter: Renee is crocheting this knitting pattern using Emma’s Mini Skeins (fingering weight).
- Easy V by Caitlin Hunter: (knitted) using La Bien Aimee’s Corrie Worsted. Colors TBD.
- Homespun Hat by Maggie Kent using handspun yarn, also made by Maggie, held with a strand of mohair. Renee has also cast on this project already, and is loving the look so far.
Maggie: Maggie loves to spin her own yarn, and hopes to come out with some sweater patterns this year, but she also wants to knit the following patterns.
- Cecilia by Tove Richter: Maggie is knitting this sweater using Echoview’s Forager yarn (worsted weight, discontinued). Maggie is almost finished with this knit, with just a bit of the yoke left to go.
- Evenfall by Andrea Mowry: Maggie will be using Soka'Pii from Farmer's Daughter and making this sweater as a KAL with Danni.
- Ingrid Sweater by Petite Knits using Brooklyn Tweed’s Shelter yarn in the color Pumice. Maggie has been excited to knit this sweater ever since it came out, and is excited to complete it this year.
- Mozaika Sweater by Olga Putano Designs using La Bien Aimee Corrie Worsted in the colors Winterfell, Koko, and Hegalia.
- THEA Top by Susanne Muller using Brooklyn Tweed Tones.
- Sur Cardigan by Caidree using Echoview Fiber Mill’s Haley Yarn (Bulky, single ply, discontinued).
- Camp Socks by Ozetta Knitwear using Biches & Buches Le Gros Lambswool in the color Grey Beige.
Katy: Katy is a fantastic knitting instructor with a love for bright colors and interesting colorwork. She’s excited to work on the following patterns this year.
- Alpenglow by Andrea Mowry: Katy is planning to knit the Alpenglow using Brooklyn Tweed Loft in the Colorway Iceberg, Spincycle Dyed in the Wool Ghost Ranch, and mohair from Lamb & Kid.
- Mare Shawl by Natasja Hornby using La Bien Aimee Cashmerino in the colors Yellow Brick Road and Hegelia.
- Letho by Natasja Hornby using Germantown in the color Honey. Spincycle Trine in the color 69, Corrie Worsted in Fluro Morganite, and La Bien Aimee Kumo.
- Custom Sweater (for a friend) using Magpie Swanky DK and Spincycle Dyed in the Wool in the Colorway Pussywillow.
* * *