Brooklyn Tweed Peerie
Please use the dropdown menu above to select a color.
- 210 yards (192 meters) | 20.5 microns | 50 grams | fingering weight
- Utah & Nevada grown Merino wool
- Spun in Springvale, Maine
- Dyed in Saco, Maine
MERINO WOOL CHARACTERISTICS
The merino wool we source averages 20.5 microns — within the typical finewool range, and retaining the Merino-specific quirks of supreme density, high tensile strength, high crimp, and delightful springiness. Worsted-spun for a smooth hand, Peerie hits the sweet spot of being both next-to-skin soft and durable (not prone to pilling).
6¼ –8 stitches to 1" | Suggested Needle: 2¾-3½ mm (US 2-4)
We recommend alternating skeins while knitting to distribute the color evenly.
- Fill a sink or basin with cold water and submerge the fabric in water, gently squeezing out any air bubbles so that the piece can remain under water without being held there.
- Soak work for several minutes, allowing fabric to become completely saturated.
- Remove excess moisture by rolling your fabric between clean, dry towels with light pressure.
- Lay fabric flat and shape to air dry.