Registration opens Sunday, January 17- 7:00pm EST.Course Description:This is a two part class meeting on Zoom March 6 & 7, 2021 from 4-6pm EST.Maximum students - 12.Learn how to customize sweater designs for a better fit.This course walks knitters through schematics and a little necessary math to make adjustments in patterns for a flattering and tailor-made project.We will discuss a few different basic sweater construction methods to help you understand your modifications and how to spot them going forward.Included are several math worksheets for adjusting stitches or rows in a particular section of a sweater.We conclude by going through some finishing tips to maximize wearability and style in your Knitvestment!Kate has created a fabulously detailed workbook for this course (included) which will keep your fingers free for knitting and give you something you can reference time and again after the class is completed.Also included is Kate's Dyad sweater pattern so that we can practice tailoring, together.Required Skills:
- knitting in the round
- basic increasing & decreasing
- an open mind about some easy math and a little patience with yourselfRequired Materials:
- tailoring workbook & Dyad pattern- please print so that you have easy reference during class; students will receive an e-mail 24 hours prior to class with these attachments
- yarn and appropriately sized circular or double pointed needles at worsted gauge or heavier; this yarn should be scrap yarn or yarn for a project you are ready to customize and want to determine proper gauge for. You will not be able to reuse this yarn after we swatch so plan appropriately to make sure you have enough extra yardage.
- basic calculator (or your smart phone with calculator app), pencil, scrap paper
- knitters tools (scissors, darning needle, measuring tape)